Friday, November 12, 2010

First mates log. That means Trevor. This is my first post so I'll try to keep the grammatical errors to a minimum. We are currently at river mile 328.9 outside of Columbus, Mississippi. The past few days have been relatively uneventful and without incident. Without incident until the last hour. The last hour of the last two days has been stressful. Yesterday we tried to get into a great little cove that was highly recommended. The books stated that the entrance was deep enough for our boat. According to that pesky alarm that states things are shallow, they were wrong. We had our second brush with shallow ground. Today we had a little trouble with the last lock. That's all I will say about that. (By the way things on the boat don't give, your skull and skin however will.) I'm okay but moving on...
We are constantly learning and getting better at things. No one has been thrown over yet (i.ed. me) and we are still getting along. We took pictures the other day in order to give people a better idea of what we live and work in everyday but we haven't up loaded those pictures yet. So pay attention for those things coming down the line. See the problem is that not much has happened in the last two days so there's not much to report. But thanks for reading my ramblings and I promise next time the captain will have more to report.

No comments:

Post a Comment